Sunday 3 November 2013

A hymn by Cardinal Blessed John Henry Newman


I unfortunately did not have much time this weekend to put together the piece I have been wanting to write for sometime. So I decided instead to share with you a hymn by Blessed Henry Newman that always gets me excited when I read it (the hymn can be found in the Little Office of the Blessed Virgin Mary (among many other places))

                                                  



Blessed John Henry Newman

Firmly I believe and truly
God is three and God is one;
And I next acknowledge duly
Manhood taken by the son.

And I trust and hope most fully
In that manhood crucified;
And I love supremely, solely
Christ who for my sins has died.

And I hold in veneration,
For the love of him alone,
Holy Church as his creation
And her teachings as his own.

Praise and thanks be ever given
With and through the angel host,
To the God of earth and heaven,
Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

No comments:

Post a Comment